Argentine Ants
Identifying Argentine Ants
The worker ants are usually 3 millimeters long, and the queens are about two to four times the length of worker ants. As mentioned above, the Argentine Ant is a common household pest and can be found in your house, usually in search for food and water.
As seen in the picture above, Argentine Ants are dark brown in color.
What if I get bitten?
While these ants do not have stingers, they will bite if they are provoked. If you get bitten, apply an anti-inflammatory cream.
I have an infestation! What do I do?
These ants do not go away with treatment of pesticides or even pouring boiling water on their nest. Pesticides have even promoted the queens to lay eggs. The ants will also keep returning if not treated thoroughly and consistently. If you have an infestation, call Scout Pest Control. At Scout Pest Control, we are dedicated to helping you with all of your pest control needs. We specialize with your insect and rodent exclusion, termite elimination, and ant infestation treatment.

No comments:
Post a Comment